Almost 10 months and nary an entry!
So much has happened, and I thought I’d do a quick update, since the year is coming to a close:
- We completed our home renovations and moved in last April
- Our home was featured in the November issue of Manja magazine
- I went to Krabi twice — once in April and recently in December
- I officially became a statistic on the NEA website — not that it was a good thing. I got dengue in September and it was horrible. HORRIBLE
- Faz and I have been married for 2 years, Alhamdulillah!
- We went to Japan to celebrate our second wedding anniversary, and we both LOVED JAPAN LIKE CRAZY
- I picked up swimming and am damn proud to be able to swim now, considering the fact that I had a phobia of water
There’ve been some months that I was incredibly busy, but I think I’ve mostly kind of fallen into this comfortable routine of going to work everyday and then coming home and doing some chores or watch some TV with Faz before we go to bed. On some evenings, we’d go swim at the public pool.
Before Faz recently started doing office hours, he was doing shift work — and sometimes if he’d be home when I returned home from work, we’d cook and have dinner together. But then he started doing office hours and found it too tiring to cook, so we don’t cook as often any more. In fact I can’t remember the last time we cooked — must’ve been 2-3 months ago!
On weekends I’d have my swimming lessons, after which Faz and I will visit my parents. Sundays are my rest days — I’ll normally want to stay home, unless I have some compelling reason to go out.
Somehow, blogging just never makes it to the to-do list. Although it seems like a gargantuan task now, I do actually want to blog about our reno and trips before I forget all the details.